April 30th from 11am until 2pm. Awbrey Park is at the corner of River Road & Spring Creek Drive.
Celebrate wildflowers and the Santa Clara Community with the Friends of Awbrey Park! Take a self guided tour and discover the native flowers, shrubs and trees that can be found in the park. The Friends of Awbrey Park will be stationed throughout the park to help you find trillium, lupine, red Columbine, bleeding heart, violets, fairy bells, starry false Solomon Seal, Oregon myrtle and much, much more. Other items to look forward to:
- Live Music – Santa Clara’s own Tim and Jerry and an appearance by Connecterine.
- Free Cookies
- Treasure Hunt – Search for native plants and earn a native plant while supplies last. Plants provided by the Buford Park Native Plant Nursery.
- Dave the Bee – Did you know that Eugene is an official Bee City USA? Dave the Bee from GloryBee will be joining us at our pollinator garden and just might bring a little honey.
- Rock Painting – Rocks and paint provided. You make up your own design.
- Whuttle’s BBQ – Check out their menu in advance
You might also be interested in learning more about our Santa Clara Community Organization and the recently formed non-profit, the Santa Clara Community Foundation. Drop by their tables and see what is happening in our community including the effort to restore an old schoolhouse (built in 1901) into a small community centered event and meeting space.
Ever wonder what to do in the event of The Big One – that earthquake that is due? Meet the experts in Emergency Preparedness. Ready NW (Northwest) and other preparedness experts will be on hand.
Children are more than welcome. The park features two playground areas (one for 2-5 years old and one for 6-12 years), a large playfield, a pollinator garden, Spring Creek and a small forest where you will find woodpeckers, mallards, newts and salamanders.
If you or your children don’t find the newts, drop by the River Road – Santa Clara Volunteer Library table and find a good book.
For more information, please contact Kelsey Irvine, Native Plant/ Waterways Volunteer Coordinator, at 541-682-4845 or KIrvine@eugene-or.gov .