The SCCO is involved in large scale planning projects and also helps support our community volunteers with their endeavors. The SCCO is currently involved in the River Road Santa Clara Neighborhood Plan. The River Road and Santa Clara Community Organizations, in collaboration with neighbors, businesses, the City of Eugene and Lane County, are creating a vision that will guide decision-making in River Road and Santa Clara for decades to come.
If you have a project that needs support within our community, please contact us. Here are a few of the longer term projects we have supported:
Active Neighborhood Projects
Luper Cemetery – A Pioneer Cemetery
Friends of Awbrey Park – An amazing turnaround of an overgrown park.
Pray Big Food Pantry – Monthly food pantry at St. Matthews Episcopal Church.
Santa Clara Community Garden – A three way partnership that resulted in our first community garden.
Completed SCCO Projects
A number of initiatives have occurred to address service delivery issues in the River Road / Santa Clara communities. These processes have produced the products listed belo
- River Road and Santa Clara Urban Services Committees Final Report and Recommendations
- Fiscal Analysis of Urban Services in River Road and Santa Clara
- River Road and Santa Clara Transition Project Final Report
- River Road and Santa Clara Transition Funds Grant Projects:
Santa Clara Neighborhood Blueprint Project
- A Guide to Urban Services in River Road and Santa Clara
- Santa Clara / River Road Outreach and Learning (SCRROL) Project
The SCCO would like to thank Eugene’s Neighborhood Services program.
Rene Kane and Michael Kinnison, Lorna Flormoe and Cindy Clarke have provided significant help and guidance in improving our community.