We invite you to join our Social Justice Bias Response Team. Members of the Bias Response Team provide support to targets of Bias Crimes in Santa Clara including clean up and repair work. Please contact us at email@example.com .
- Emergency 911, Eugene Police non-emergency (541) 682-5111 , Lane County Sheriffs non-emergency 541-682-4150
- Report discrimination, bias crime and bias incidents to local authorities. Report Here
- Report to the State of Oregon Deptartment of Justice Bias Hotline to get more help
- Contact the Santa Clara Bias Response Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact CALC (Community Alliance of Lane County) – (541) 485-1755
Resources – Local
- Hate & Bias Prevention and Response Toolkit – City of Eugene
- Equity and Human Rights Newsletter – City of Eugene – Sign up here
- Bystander/Upstander Training -Learn how to intervene without escalating a situation
- Centro Latino Americano Website Facebook
- Eugene Pride Website Facebook
- NAACP Website Facebook .
Education / Training
- Systemic Racism Explained – YouTube video (4:23)
- “All Lives Matter” Explained (2:39)
- Why Aren’t There More Black People in Oregon: A Hidden History Video (16:47)
- 31 Children’s books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance
- Police: A Field Guide. Correia and Wall. Debates about police power, incarceration, abolition, military and law enforcement technologies and black feminism.
- White Fragilty Robin Diangelo .Diangelo tries to explain why white people find it so difficult to talk about racism, particularly within an American context. Online at Eugene Library.
Groups working on Social Justice Issues – Regional and National
- Equal Justice Initiative – End mass incarceration and excessive punishment, challenge racial and economic injustice, and protect basic human rights for the most vulnerable people
- Freedom Project – Freedom Project works to dismantle the institution of mass incarceration and heal its traumatic effects on our community.
- Smithsonian – Talking About Race