Santa Clara residents should be finding an SCCO newsletter in their mail soon. Key topics include:
- SCCO Board Elections February 1, 2024
- Volunteer in a Park – Keep Santa Clara Green and Beautiful
- A list of ongoing and future projects such as Roundabouts, the West Bank Path extension and the Beaver-Hunsaker corridor
- Update on the restoration of the one-room schoolhouse that was built in 1901. The school is located on city property in Santa Clara and plans are to make it a permanent part of the Santa Clara Community Park.
- The River Avenue Navigation Center – a 75-bed shelter serving as a shelter for the homeless and as a transition center to permanent housing.
- How the Upper Willamette Soil and Water Conservation District deals with concerns such as fire, soil, water, wildlife habitat, and pollinators.
- A recap of the SCCO’s Santa Clara Concert in the Park last August
- How to get an Everyone Welcome Sign
The election information covers who is eligible to vote and run for a board position at the February 1st SCCO meeting. Five board positions are open. Click here for the early bird edition of the newsletter. It is the same newsletter that will show up in your mailbox, plus an additional page with information from the Soil and Water District. Please forward this post to your Santa Clara neighbors.