SCCO Social Justice Committee members have taken the Bystander/Upstander Training and highly recommend it to anyone interested in developing intervention skills.
Take the 2-part workshop on August 11 & 18 – 90 minute online class – Register HERE
Learn and practice how to intervene when someone is being harassed in a hateful way-without escalating the situation. These workshops include lecture, video, demonstration, and breakout room scenarios. Experienced teachers lead this training where you will learn and practice several ways to effectively support a person who is being bullied.
Some of the skills you will learn about and practice include:
- Being an active witness
- How to engage with and support the targeted person
- Ways to distract the harasser
- How to involve others who can help
- De-escalating the situation
- The necessity of and strategies for “after-care”
- Broader involvement in work for social justice
Sponsored by the Sanctuary Committee of Temple Beth Israel and the Springfield/Eugene chapter of SURJ–Showing up for Racial Justice.Please email Judy Boles at email@example.com with questions or to see about future classes.